Sunday, August 12, 2012

Diana's News Spring 2012 pg 2


Betty Luzira

         Betty’s leg has healed. Although the bones are back together, they are not as strong as they need to be. She will go back to the doctor to see about a bone graft, which will mean another surgery.
         Please be praying that the money would come in for the surgery. I’m sure it will again cost about $3500. This should cover the surgery, the follow-up visits to the doctor, her medicines, and transportation for follow-up visits to the doctor.
         Betty’s healing has been a long process since that terrible accident in February 2009, and we pray that her ordeal is coming to an end.

Mistake!

         I have been told that the “Celebrate Freedom” letter I sent out for the Home Office has caused some confusion. Yes, I heard I made a big mistake!! I will claim it was do to my bout with Mono.
         I am not in the States right now, but I will be in the States next year, sometime in 2013. I have not decided whether I will come in January and stay until April or in May and stay until August. I need to see how my recovery from the Mono is going.
         Sorry for the confusion!

Chicken Project

         I have suspended the Chicken Project. My farm manager, Doreen (also my foster daughter), will be leaving for studies in Finland in September. She has a scholarship for a degree in nursing. It is a 3½-year program. Until I find a suitable farm manager, the project will remain suspended.  Please be praying for a reliable farm manager and workers.







Baraza
Baraza is from the Swahili meaning – a place of public meeting for interaction and education – we will use this forum for educational meetings with the elderly and to cater especially to the men as they have felt neglected because of our training to the women. This will take place along the River Nile at the parish level.

The meetings will focus on introducing:

  • Promotion of good health
  • Fishing
  • Agriculture
  • Saving African culture
  • Bible teaching

We will use films on development at these meeting for comparison of development in other areas of Uganda and the world. 
        We will hold the meetings when we are in Moyo teaching the women. Mr. Luzira will be leading and will we enlist the help of the local government to teach on many of the topics.

Prayer Points
·       I have had Mono and am discouraged with the fatigue that goes with it. I need strength and endurance to do my work.
·       CWWC will be starting a new class in Moyo in September. I need $5000 to set up the school for 120 students
·       CWWC will be also going back to Western Uganda for refresher classes for the teachers there.
·       Please continue to give generously
·       Betty’s surgery and the cost of $3500
·       Other new ministry opportunities will be coming during the next 6 months. I will keep you informed.
·       Please be praying for Betty and Gabriel Luzira – their oldest daughter passed away on July 13, 2012. She lost her battle with AIDS.
·       My nephew Cody Witt and his friend Drew Weiser will be with me for 3 months. Pray for them as they seek to know if ministry and missions is God’s will for their lives.


Thanks for your prayers and support.
God bless, Diana

1 comment:

Margie LoVette said...

Hey - so glad to have found this site! I had mono as an adult and it is NOT fun. Praying for you today.